Call for Neos: A Publication of the Anthropology of Children and Youth Interest Group Submissions – Special Section on Child and Youth Displacement
The Anthropology of Children and Youth Interest Group is now soliciting submissions for the October 2018 issue of Neos. We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis between Monday, August 13 and Friday, September 7. The final deadline for submission is Friday, September 7. If possible, please notify me of your intent to submit by the start of the rolling period (August 13), so that I can identify peer reviewers in a timely manner. You will be able to find this call on our blog site shortly. In the meantime, you can also refer to it here>.
All material should be sent to Victoria Holec at ACYIG.Editor@gmail.com. Please consider the following types of submissions:
PEER-REVIEWED ARTICLES (1000 words or less, including references)
Special Section Topic in October 2018 Issue: Child and Youth Displacement
Neos is aware of the current discourses on child and youth displacements that penetrate the geo-political sphere. In the wake of the politics of child separation, we’ve decided to dedicate a special section in the October 2018 issue to scholars who work in the areas of child/youth/family migration, separation, displacement, adoption, and trauma. We encourage explorations on these topics through an anthropological lens and will prioritize articles that can draw on one of the following: Ethnographies or field work, interdisciplinarity or intersectionality, and your childhood and youth work’s impact on your own theoretical, methodological, or pedagogical understandings in anthropology. While this special section topic was chosen due to its contemporary reference, we invite submissions dealing with all geographic regions and historic periods.
All peer-reviewed articles submitted to this call should fall into this special section topic. Previously reviewed and accepted articles whose publication was delayed to the October 2018 issue will still be published in this issue. Unfortunately, previously submitted articles pending review will not be considered for this issue.
- List References at the end, following The Chicago Manual of Style (17th ed.).
- Cite works parenthetically in text. E.g. (Smith 1999, p. 9) or (Smith 1999).
- Avoid footnotes whenever possible. Do not use endnotes.
- Use Times New Roman 12 pt font, double-spaced, with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Send submissions electronically as a Microsoft Word attachment to the Neos Editor. If it is not possible to include your submission as an attachment, cut and paste the submission into the body of your e-mail.
- Please review the Author Agreement for Publication before submitting.
- Remove any and all personal information on the submission itself that will identify the submission author(s). Only include the author name(s) in the cover letter/email.
If you have further questions about how to prepare your submission, please contact the Neos Editor at ACYIG.Editor@gmail.com.