The term of office of the International Research in Children’s Literature Executive Editor expires in 2018. Scholars (normally mid-career or beyond) who would be interested in taking up this positions are invited to contact IRCL Editor Kimberley Reynolds (email@example.com) to seek further information if so desired. It is an honorary position – IRSCL is not able to offer remuneration – but it is intellectually and professionally rewarding. You will find the description of the roles and duties of the Executive Editor below.
Roles and Duties
- Support the Senior Editor with feedback on submissions and content as required – written notes for Editor
- Discuss with Editor content of next issue and order of articles
- Receive copy edited and marked up articles from Copy Editor
- Receive copy edited and marked up reviews, check copy edit
- Check copy edit and mark-up of articles
- Keep database of authors
- Confirm Table of Contents with Editor and prepare for typesetter
- Confirm end matter with Editor and prepare for typesetter
- Prepare Delivery Sheet for Edinburgh University Press
- Create a new Dropbox folder under Edinburgh University Press Dropbox heading for relevant issue and upload all text files as Word doc and images as jpeg
- Let Edinburgh University Press know that upload is complete
- Receive and check all proofs
- Receive and take in all acceptable authors’ corrections. Where corrections are not acceptable contact authors and let them know which ones were not taken in and why.
- Mark up all corrections and scan relevant proof pages as pdf files
- Upload corrected files to Edinburgh University Press Dropbox folder
If you are interested in applying for this position, please provide us with:
- A CV, including a list of publications
- A brief letter of motivation (1 A4 at the most), stating why you think you are fit for the job
You can address your letter to: Lies.Wesseling@Maastrichtuniversity.nl, before January 5, 2018. The Executive Editor will be selected by the executive board, following the advice of the Editor, Kim Reynolds, and the current Executive Editor, Mark MacLeod.