Call for Articles for a Special Issue of the Journal of LGBT Youth: Supporting Transgender and Gender-Nonconforming Youth
Edited by Genny Beemyn, Ph.D.
This special issue of the Journal of LGBT Youth will move beyond studies of the experiences of transgender K-12 and college students to discuss ways to support these students. Articles might investigate such issues as:
- best practices to assist transitioning or gender-nonconforming students
- innovative and successful strategies to improve the school climate for transgender people
- the implementation of transgender-supportive K-12 or college policies
- the policies and practices to support transgender youth outside of the U.S.
- the incorporation of transgender experiences into the curricula
- the development of a transgender ally training program or a transgender-inclusive anti-bullying program
Format: Manuscript length is approximately 15-30 pages, double-spaced, with 12-point Times New Roman font. For detailed author guidelines, see the journal website: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/WJLY.
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2012. The anticipated publication date is Fall 2012 (Vol. 9, No. 4).
Submission Information: Please submit manuscripts (or direct questions) to Genny Beemyn: email@example.com